Here are some of the major changes that have made their way to the ARK:
- Increased Green House Structures HP and Decay Timer. The HP increase is not retroactive, and will only affect new structures.
- Increased Vault Storage slots from 150 to 350
- Added Pin code setting to Refrigerator
- Reduced the amount of durability damage taken from projectiles when a Glider suit is equipped by approximately 60%
- Reduced cloning cost of Griffin
- Changed TEK Saddles so that they can no longer be shot during lightning storms
- Changed the weight of Cloth, Hide, Chitin, Flak, Fur, Desert, Hazard, and Ghillie armour
- Cliff platforms can no longer be built on top of Obelisk terminals or world barriers
- Karkinos can no longer be grabbed by Quetzal
- Reduced the resource cost of Fabricated Sniper recipe scale by 25%
- Reduced Pachyrhino head armour from 0.15 to 0.25
- Reduced Flak armour scaling by 7%
- Reduced HP of Argentavis by 20%
- Reduced the speed of Plesiosaur and Ichthyosaurus by approximately 35%
- Moschops damage (and harvesting) buffed by 30%
- Introduced tighter limits on the number of nearby cliff platforms
- Players can no longer be handcuffed to toilets
- Wild Raptor now pounces players in PvE
- Corrected the Glowtail egg weight
- Paracer Platform Saddle is now in Aberration Supply Crates
- Sarcos now fit through Dino Gates
- Improved Flyer AI so that they no longer do circles into the air when attacking each other
- Fixed multiple holes, collisions, and general bugs across all maps
- Fixed a bug where the Poison Wyvern would loot player bodies from direct hits
- Fixed a bug which would cause flyers to flee from players when attacking water
- Fixed a bug which would cause the Leech to be stuck on a player's screen when they die
- Fixed a bug with ladders which would desync a character's client from the server
- Fixed a bug with Tamed level 1 Griffin causing them to have negative HP
- Fixed a bug that caused Pachyrhino gas to give swamp fever
- Fixed a bug causing Ascension character loss if you hadn't interacted with a terminal
- Fixed a bug causing the chainsaw audio to loop infinitely
- Fixed a bug with Otter weight limit
- Fixed a rare physics crash related to destruction
- Fixed multiple Level of Detail issues with the TEK Tapejara Saddle
- Fixed the 'Quetz c4 bomber' exploit
For the complete changelog, check out our PC patch notes here[survivetheark.com] and stay tuned for further updates!
We want to thank you for all the support and love you’ve shown our game! All the feedback and reports have gone a long way to help us shape ARK into the game it is today. Keep the information coming, we’ll continue to read and digest what you have to say, as we as deploy regular updates to improve the game.
We have recently updated the guidelines for our Official Servers. They are now listed as the Code of Conduct and can be located in its entirety at survivetheark.com under our support heading.
Code of Conduct
The code of conduct is subject to change without notification, though Studio Wildcard will do its best to ensure that changes are communicated clearly to those on the Official Network.
Failure to abide by our code of conduct can result in the removal of your structures, creatures, items or banning of your account from the Official Network and all BattlEye Protected Servers. Studio Wildcard reserves the right to immediately suspend player accounts as it deems fit.
Action taken is at the sole and absolute discretion of Studio Wildcard and its employees.
Hacking and Exploiting
Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.
> Hacking - examples are not limited to but can include using third-party programs such as in-game automated bots, ESP, Aimbots, and Game Engine Modifications.
> Exploiting - examples are not limited to but can include attacking and living in unintended game-zones (under the mesh or above the map), duplication of tames, items and characters, unintended building mechanics (such as floating structures, using the world barrier as a snap point), building a box around your quetzal (or other platform creatures) to completely prevent it from taking damage, modifying your game files to remove key graphical components (water, fog, etc), and intentionally crashing users or servers (through DDoS or otherwise)..
Benefit Hacking/Exploiting, Tribes, Alliances, and teaming up.
When playing on our Official Network, players must ensure that they are not taking advantage of hacking exploits and unfair play. Do not under any circumstances allow hackers to join your tribe, alliance, or party up alongside you within the game. It is your responsibility to remove them or yourself from the tribe. If you witness someone breaking the rules through the use of a game exploit, or a third party program (such as ESP or AIMBOT) ensure that you isolate yourself from those users and are not playing with or alongside them to avoid breaching our code of conduct.
Hack related chat
There should be no discussions in-game or on our official sites regarding hacks, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized.
Spawn Blocking occurs when tribes intentionally block multiple spawn points for the purpose of not allowing any new players to play on the server (including cross server players). In the event your base inadvertently or accidentally resides on a spawn point you will not be penalized.
Here are some examples of what spawn blocking can consist of, but is not limited to:
- Using structures that players spawn into and can not get out of
- Using spikes/spike walls at player spawn locations
- Turrets located on or near spawn points
- Dino gates, or any type of structure/cage that is meant to trap or instantly kill a player and prevent them from spawning on the map
- Aggressive dinos placed near spawn points in order to instantly kill players that spawn in.
PvE Specific Griefing
> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:
- Building at their base
- Blocking in other tribes dinos
- Blocking access in/out of a tribes base
- Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access
A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).
> Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.
Behaviour, Chat, and Interaction With Others
Interactions with other players or Studio Wildcard employees through text chat, voice chat, and signs or paintings must adhere to the rules below and you cannot use an alternative spelling to circumvent restrictions.
Ensure that you do not:
> Offend - this includes but is not limited to language which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.
> Post Personal Information - belonging to someone else in game, or any Official websites or forums related to the game.
> Harass, Stalk, Threaten - such as sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to specific users/tribes and can include but not limited to those sexual in nature or messages that would cause discomfort.
> Disrupt the game - such as intentionally causing the chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat.
> Promote - do not send messages which are advertisements for inappropriate topics, including scamming, hacking, exploits or the sale of goods and services unless trading within the game for game specific resources, for example, 50 Stone for 1 Polymer, A trike for a Rex, etc.
> Real-money trading (RMT) - ARK items, creatures, or services must only be exchanged for other items, creatures, or services within the game. Trading for real-world currency (real money) is not an accepted form of trading.
Player, Steam and Tribe Names
When choosing your name, steam name, or tribe name you must adhere to general decency and abide by the following rules. If Wildcard determines your name to be improper, we may change the name and or terminate your use of our Official and any BattlEye Protected Servers. You should not use an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed below. You should ensure that your name does not:
> Offend - names may not contain vulgar, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, including any usernames which are sexual in nature.
> Impersonate - pretend to be someone else with intent to impersonate, including, without limitation, another user, tribe, Game Master ("GM") or Studio Wildcard employee.
When reporting others, please ensure that you are genuine. Reports made to harass other players or for restricting their gameplay when no codes of conduct have been broken are deemed punishable by Studio Wildcard.
You can increase the effectiveness of your reports by including as much information as possible, as well as video or picture evidence. We never take our decisions and actions regarding potential malicious player behaviour lightly. Suspensions, server wipes, and/or bans are only issued after careful review of all internal and external evidence.
New Incident Reporting System!
In addition to the Code of Conduct changes, we'd like to introduce you to our new reporting system, currently in beta. Make sure you’ve signed into your survivetheark account to access the following page:
This is our new Incident Reports area. You can find it on the forums by hovering over the Support button at the top of the page and clicking 'Report PC Abuse'. The Customer Support link has been moved to underneath the Help sub-section under Support.
When submitting an Incident Report, please make sure to provide as much information as possible.
Here is a sample report. This is how your report will appear to our Game Moderators:
You should provide any and all evidence of the reason you are reporting someone in the form of screenshots and/or videos. Evidence helps our Game Moderators collect proof of someone breaking the rules and allows them to take action more quickly.
Any and all reports of hacking, exploiting, griefing, and misconduct on Official Servers should be done so through the Incident Report submission process. These changes to the Code of Conduct and our Incident Reporting system are an effort to improve the process of the reporting system and the health of our Official Server network. We look forward to working with survivors to achieve a better playing environment for all players and we thank you for your patience during this growth process.
That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:
Community Hub: www.survivetheark.com
All the best,